[SOLVED] Cpu cooler Antec A400

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Hi installed my Antec A400 cooler in my AM4 X570 motherboard last week , while installing the cooler the clip on were little bit hard to install on, so i had to press a bit hard to install the cooler clips to the motherboard, would it have damaged the cpu?, but it seems my cooler and the cpu temperature are performing normal though.

Should i be worried as it was a bit harder to install?

Solution
Out of curiosity, which processor are you dealing with on that board? If you're not experiencing any issues with your system, I'd ask you to leave it since if it were broken, it'd be irreversible.

GautamPrakash

Reputable
Dec 3, 2019
What is the max temp you are getting with the cooler under full load? Or while gaming? I too have the R5 3600 and the temps with the stock cooler are pathetic.
Out of curiosity, which processor are you dealing with on that board? If you're not experiencing any issues with your system, I'd ask you to leave it since if it were broken, it'd be irreversible.

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
What is the max temp you are getting with the cooler under full load? Or while gaming? I too have the R5 3600 and the temps with the stock cooler are pathetic.

My ambient temperature, around 31 deg in summer, so Stock cooler: Idle : 55 -60 deg, Load: while COD Warzone : 85+
After installing Antec A400: Idle : 43 - 45 deg with AC (36 deg ), under load depends on game max : 75 deg

GautamPrakash

Reputable
Dec 3, 2019
I am too from India, with the same ambient temps.

My Ryzen 5 3600 however was running too hot with the stock cooler with stock settings, it used to cross 90 deg with stress tests;) and normal ideal usage led to abnormal temp spikes, gaming pushed it to over 85 deg. After a few days of tweeks I under-volted it to run at 4.20 GHz across all cores at 1.075 V. Down-clocking it around 3.6 or 3.9 produced more or less same heat with decreased performance, going 4.40 across all cores led to just marginal increase of 3-4% performance gains with same temps but 4.20 GHz seemed like the sweet spot :D. With normal usage 5-10% CPU usage temps are around 45-55 deg, while gaming CSGO or PUBG the temps reach 60-75 deg. These temps are current while the ambient temps are around 30-35 deg. Will upgrade to a water cooler next year before the onset of summer, upgrading now seems like a no brainier.:giggle:

Reactions: coolraveen

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
I am too from India, with the same ambient temps.

My Ryzen 5 3600 however was running too hot with the stock cooler with stock settings, it used to cross 90 deg with stress tests;) and normal ideal usage led to abnormal temp spikes, gaming pushed it to over 85 deg. After a few days of tweeks I under-volted it to run at 4.20 GHz across all cores at 1.075 V. Down-clocking it around 3.6 or 3.9 produced more or less same heat with decreased performance, going 4.40 across all cores led to just marginal increase of 3-4% performance gains with same temps but 4.20 GHz seemed like the sweet spot :D. With normal usage 5-10% CPU usage temps are around 45-55 deg, while gaming CSGO or PUBG the temps reach 60-75 deg. These temps are current while the ambient temps are around 30-35 deg. Will upgrade to a water cooler next year before the onset of summer, upgrading now seems like a no brainier.:giggle:
A simple tower air cooler will do the trick, you might wanna go for liquid cooler if you are about to oc your cpu. So check and decide.