CPU cooler Assistance.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Hello guys!
I have recently finished building my Custom PC and I am very content with it. I have only a stock cooler cooling my CPU. I was thinking I should get a better cooler so my CPU doesn't throttle under intense load.
My MOBO:
Intel DQ67OW LGA 1155 Dual DDR3 RAM Micro ATX Desktop Motherboard Q67

my CPU:
https://ark.intel.com/products/52211/Intel-Core-i5-2500S-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_70-GHz

To my surprise this my build can play the newest games ultra with a good 50-70 fps (my 1050TI helps with that) but after about 45~60 minutes of gaming, I notice that my CPU turns into a bottleneck after hitting around 85 degrees F. The stock cooler obviously was not built for this pressure and I am well aware of that. Anyone out there willing to lend a hand and assist my struggle? Are there any coolers that should drop my temps to a reasonable temperature? If so, please help me out as I do not want to fry my CPU.

I cannot do any Liquid Cooling BTW(Unless it's very, very small).
Money is not an issue but I am not looking to spend more than $65.

Thanks in advance!!

Solution
A cryorig H7 would be fine, if a bit overkill for that CPU. Something like the 20 dollar CM hyper T4 would also be more than enough.

Even the stock intel cooler should be enough. Thermal paste has probably dried up by now if you have never changed and/or it's caked with dust. The i5 2500s is a lower power draw CPU, it does not produce a lot of heat and therefore can be easily cooled.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
A cryorig H7 would be fine, if a bit overkill for that CPU. Something like the 20 dollar CM hyper T4 would also be more than enough.

Even the stock intel cooler should be enough. Thermal paste has probably dried up by now if you have never changed and/or it's caked with dust. The i5 2500s is a lower power draw CPU, it does not produce a lot of heat and therefore can be easily cooled.

Solution

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016

I have a fresh coat of thermal paste though. I just finished this build a couple of days ago. Maybe put a bit much? It wasn't pea-sized, probably like half the amount as you would put on a toothbrush w/ toothpaste.

UPDATE:
Yes, it was the fact that I had too much thermal paste. It was acting as an insulator rather its original purpose. The stock cooler works fine now. I'm getting 45 degrees now rather the usual 75. Man, that thing was trapping heat like crazy.

TRENDING THREADS