Lilfatboy

Prominent
Jun 29, 2019
Hi not sure if this is the right place to post but here I go

I’m looking at buying the Asrock b450 steel legend and don’t know if my Cryorig H7 plus will clear the rear IO

Would appreciate if someone could help with this

He's talking about the I/O cover, not the shield. The cover, that extends over the VRMs on some boards, is not the same size for every board and in fact some boards don't have them at all. Make sure you know what is being discussed just so it doesn't end up looking silly.

You said all I/O shield are the same size. Nobody except YOU said ANYTHING, at all, about an I/O shield. So before you try correcting somebody, get your own business correct first.

And I/O "shield" is the metal piece that snaps into the back of the case and matches the specific in/out ports on a per model of motherboard basis, like this:

41kd-7aXJML._SX466_.jpg

What the OP is worried about interfering with the CPU cooler is the I/O "cover", which is THIS:

72sww6.jpg

So again, you're just making yourself look silly by arguing.

Lilfatboy

Prominent
Jun 29, 2019
You said all I/O shield are the same size. Nobody except YOU said ANYTHING, at all, about an I/O shield. So before you try correcting somebody, get your own business correct first.

And I/O "shield" is the metal piece that snaps into the back of the case and matches the specific in/out ports on a per model of motherboard basis, like this:

41kd-7aXJML._SX466_.jpg

What the OP is worried about interfering with the CPU cooler is the I/O "cover", which is THIS:

72sww6.jpg

So again, you're just making yourself look silly by arguing.
Yep that is what I was meaning thanks for checking that