[SOLVED] CPU cooler compatible with Gigabyte X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming?

TSN

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
Well, I thought I finally had all the parts for my new PC build today, and I started putting things together, but then I ran into a problem. I have a Gigabyte X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming motherboard and a Cryorig H5 Universal CPU cooler. The cooler has an adapter that has to be installed in order to use it on a motherboard with an AM4 slot. I'm assuming it works fine on most motherboards, but this one has a row of capacitors right next to the CPU that stops the adapter from sitting where it needs to. It's impossible to line it up with the screw holes.

So, my question is : Does anyone have a recommendation for a CPU cooler that will definitely be compatible with my motherboard? I'm sure I could just use the one that came with the CPU (I understand that the stock Ryzen coolers are pretty good for being stock), but I'm sure there's something better I could go with. I tried doing some research, but I wasn't finding anything that specifically addressed compatibility with this motherboard, and I guess I can't trust anything that just talks about generic AM4 compatibility.

Also, I don't really want to mess with liquid cooling. And something that doesn't interfere with the RAM slots would obviously be nice.

Thanks.

Solution

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

Possibly?

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pLbEQ3T-iU"][/video]

Solution

TSN

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
Okay, that video just made me realize that I'm an idiot who can't read instructions properly. Just like in the video, there are spacers with the adapter I have to fix exactly the problem I was having. Thanks.