CPU cooler doesn’t fit motherboard

alexkederoeck

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
I bought a be quiet pure rock 150w but i didnt know that the bracket doesnt fit on my Asus A88X-PRO. Is there anything i could buy to make it work?

Solution

According to the manual for that cooler, that backplate is for Intel sockets only, for AMD systems you do not use that backplate.You simply...

Are you sure you are using the AMD mounting bracket? Most aftermarket coolers have two separate mounting brackets, one for Intel sockets, one for AMD sockets. You need to be using the AMD bracket. Check the instructions again to make sure you're using the right bracket for FM2/FM2+ and that you aren't missing any pieces.

alexkederoeck

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017

I only got this https://imagescdn.tweaktown.com/content/7/1/7154_22_quiet-pure-rock-cpu-cooler-review.jpg bracket, i’m pretty sure it doesn’t fit fm2.

According to the manual for that cooler, that backplate is for Intel sockets only, for AMD systems you do not use that backplate.You simply mount the cooler mounting bridge (part number 14 according to the manual) to the cooler, screw that bridge down and then use the AMD mounting clip to secure the cooler to your board.

Solution