CPU Cooler for a LGA1155 CPU

haroldj97

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
My i5-2500k was being cooled by an Artic Freezer Pro 7 CPU cooler up until the point that the fan attached the heat sink failed and since the CPU is overclocked to 4.0GHz I need a replacement CPU cooler ASAP. What is the best CPU cooler for an LGA1155 socket (don't really want the same one again since the temps the CPU was at was worrying). I don't really want to spend more than £40.

Solution
Hyper 212 evo its similar to the Artic 7 but performs slightly better. IMO its the best budget air cooler. I bought the Artic 7 and wishing now i had bought the evo

haroldj97

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion. I was looking more for a air cooler rather than a closed water loop. Although they are safe I have always been dubious of them. What would be the best air cooler for my budget?

Get a 212 Evo, which will set you back around £30. Maplin sell them if you're in a hurry and don't want to wait for postage. I have one on my 2500k and it does a good job.

For your budget, an AIO simply isn't worth it. You won't get any better performance from an H60 than you would from a 212 Evo.