[SOLVED] CPU Cooler for i5 2400

yogeshgamerz

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2013
Hello, last few days I was facing problem with my system, It freeze suddenly & turn off. I checked that my cpu temp hit tjmax(99c). Also at the time of startup it remain 65-70 at idle. I'm from India & our ambient temp is around 45c in daytime.
I'm still using stock cooler & I think its time to change it, I'm not a heavy user mostly I use Photoshop, illustrator & sometime light gaming. So please suggest me a good cooler accordingly.

My System :
i5 2400 at stock
12 gigs ram
Power color 7770 ghz edition 2gb
Antec vp550 psu

Thanks in advance & forgive me for my poor english.

Solution
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cheap but still do the job for a 4 core cpu.

You could also try and replace the thermal compound on your stock cooler. If you have never don that then its around 9 years old and is time to replace it.
Are you operating the computer at 45C or is that just the outside temp? What is the ambient temp at the computer? Have you fully cleaned out the computer? Blow out all dust from all fans and heatsinks (including the power supply).

We need to know how big the computer case is in order to recommend the proper heatsink/fan.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cheap but still do the job for a 4 core cpu.

You could also try and replace the thermal compound on your stock cooler. If you have never don that then its around 9 years old and is time to replace it.

Solution

yogeshgamerz

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2013
Are you operating the computer at 45C or is that just the outside temp? What is the ambient temp at the computer? Have you fully cleaned out the computer? Blow out all dust from all fans and heatsinks (including the power supply).

We need to know how big the computer case is in order to recommend the proper heatsink/fan.
It's outside temp which is 45c nowdays, I did clean all dust recently.
Case :
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07R283R7R/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_hrtZEb4JA571G