Cpu cooler for i7 6700

Mujtaba_3

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016
Hi Everyone.I have a i7 6700 non k cpu with a gtx 760 and fsp cmt 510 casing I have a stock cooler with alot of noise suggest me a good cpu air cooler that would keep the temps and noise low in normal price range

Solution
What's normal? With 165mm of clearance you can mount just about anything. Only fans make noise, the smaller the cooler, the faster the fans spin, the more the noise. So something large like a Noctua NH-D15S will be silent during gaming, barely audible at loads, while a budget cooler like the CM Hyper212 will be louder. A Cryorig H5 would be a good middle choice, but so would any number of others like Noctua NH-C14S with an RGB fan on top (look great in that case)

So, much will depend on what you'd deem a normal budget, what looks, leds or RGB, orientation etc

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What's normal? With 165mm of clearance you can mount just about anything. Only fans make noise, the smaller the cooler, the faster the fans spin, the more the noise. So something large like a Noctua NH-D15S will be silent during gaming, barely audible at loads, while a budget cooler like the CM Hyper212 will be louder. A Cryorig H5 would be a good middle choice, but so would any number of others like Noctua NH-C14S with an RGB fan on top (look great in that case)

So, much will depend on what you'd deem a normal budget, what looks, leds or RGB, orientation etc

Solution

Mujtaba_3

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016
The two fans that you told me are out of stock and all I need is that the cooler must be silent and keep my cpu temps low any other suggestions?
Also is the cyorig h5 a noisy cpu cooler?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No, it's not. Under normal circumstances, even the CM hyper212 is relatively quiet, but, once you apply a heavy load and the temps go up, so does the rpm of the cooler fan. And then it gets loud.

So the aim is to over cool the cpu as much as possible, have so much cooling potential that the fans have no reason to spin fast, no matter what load. Any of the big towers will work, cryorig R1 or Noctua NH-D14 or Raijintek Nemesis, Phanteks ph-tc14pe, scythe Fuma Rev.b, scythe Mugen5 Rev.b etc.

Mujtaba_3

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016
These cooler are avaliable right now thermaltake ring silent(35$),Cooler master 212 turbo(35$), Coolermaster. Masterair MA620P(62$),Cooler Master Ma410p(50$),Rajintek leto(40$),Rajintek pallas(35$),Reeves hans(35$),Noctua Nh-L9i(45$) the ones that u told we are either out of stock or not avalible
So which one of these is good in performance and low noise for i7 6700 ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The Frio silent 14 is a very good cooler, equitable to a beQuiet Dark Rock 3. It's smaller brother, the Frio silent 12, from what reviews I've seen is slightly better and considerably quieter than the CM hyper212, but generally slightly more expensive. Should work ok on your i7 under normal conditions, but if pushing the cpu to limits then the 140mm version will show benefits.

Nothing wrong with aiming for a cheap cooler, but budget class coolers do have drawbacks. The bigger the cooler is, the more effective and efficient it is going to be, the slower the fans will spin vrs smaller coolers for the same load. The slower the fan, the quieter it will be. Given a decent fan, of course.

Mujtaba_3

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016

The problem is the Cpu coolers like noctua are really hard to find in my place and if we look for it the Noctua NH- D15 cost around 300$

Mujtaba_3

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016

I'm keeping it with stock and on normal use for gaming.All I need is a silent cpu cooler with keeping my processor at good temps.

Feb 21, 2019
I know I am a bit late to respond but I would go with a Cryorig M9i, it is super silent, I would not mess with cool master or thermaltake stuff. If you want your i7 even cooler go with the Cryorig H7. I have a Cryorig M9i on my i7 7700 nonk and it is the best cooler I have ever owned and used. Very inexpensive and silent too. My idle is like 30c.

Cryorig is a cooler company that was actually started by and I think is still owned by serious PC enthusiast that engineer the very best. Most people don't consider them and they are not that well known. That m9i small tower cooler puts to shame any of the other tower coolers with disposable fans and you cannot even hear it. You really won't hear it on a 6700.