Jan 30, 2020
I just got a ryzen 5 3600 and while it works great, I notice when I crank up the settings it stays just below 80 degrees. I'm currently using the stock cooler, and I was thinking about getting the coolermaster hyper 212 black. I don't have experience with cpu coolers that aren't stock, but this seems pretty affordable, so I was wondering if it is a good choice. If not, what is a good choice?

IDProG

Distinguished
I just got a ryzen 5 3600 and while it works great, I notice when I crank up the settings it stays just below 80 degrees. I'm currently using the stock cooler, and I was thinking about getting the coolermaster hyper 212 black. I don't have experience with cpu coolers that aren't stock, but this seems pretty affordable, so I was wondering if it is a good choice. If not, what is a good choice?
Don't waste your money. Undervolt your CPU.

Jan 30, 2020
Just below 80c is fine, however, it is probably noisy.

The Hyper 212 is fine.
Yeah sometimes I have core temp running in the background while I play something and it will stay around 75 but then the max it got to is 86. I just figured it would be nice to get a cooler because it is quite loud and hopefully I wouldn't even have to glance at my temps ever whenever I get the cooler.

TRENDING THREADS