Question CPU cooler goes red

Dec 3, 2022
The cpu cooler I have is either a Corsair h100i or a h80i and I noticed at first it was flashing red on and off and it stopped for while but then it went full red, I looked it up and people were saying it’s a temp issue but I tested the temps and it’s running 65-70 degrees on war zone 2 which isn’t bad I don’t think. So what else could be the issue could someone help me here

The Corsair h100i is a 240mm unit with 2 fans on one side and the Corsair h80i is a 120mm cooler with one fan.
Does the red light is coming from the top of the pump?
The red light could be the RGB lighting on the unit, which does not have anything to do with temperatures.
There is software ( CORSAIR LINK ) to control the lighting effects.

Dec 3, 2022
The Corsair h100i is a 240mm unit with 2 fans on one side and the Corsair h80i is a 120mm cooler with one fan.
Does the red light is coming from the top of the pump?
The red light could be the RGB lighting on the unit, which does not have anything to do with temperatures.
There is software ( CORSAIR LINK ) to control the lighting effects.
I have the h80i then I don’t have the icue app though and I have never seen this light before and I recently changed my 1070 to a 3060 but that shouldn’t have anything to with it, read another thread somewhere that said it could be buildup in the tubes and also the normal white lighting on the Corsair writing on the cpu turns red

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Fluid flow issue. Not really worth the hassle trying to fix; it's one of the downsides to Closed Loop Coolers. The intention is for you to buy another cooler when they get like this.
There's 3 different types of failures(mechanical/chemical/biological) associated with AIO/CLC, and it's going to fail to at least one of them.

The fans and pump should ramp up to full speed when the liquid runs hot, but if the LEDs stay red even after that, then it's not enough; too much blockage.

Oh right - the catch with high fluid temperature is that the gasket and moving parts will wear out faster. The fluid serves as lubrication and keeps them cooled.