Javier Fernandez

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2013
n4RQf9u.jpg

Hello, I was considering upgrading from the stock AMD CPU cooler, when I noticed that despite the official specs for the case listing a max CPU cooler height of 140mm, the space above the 104mm Wraith Stealth cooler seem to suggest that I could fit in something bigger. Is this a correct assumption, or is there something else I have failed to take into account? Thanks.

Solution
n4RQf9u.jpg

Hello, I was considering upgrading from the stock AMD CPU cooler, when I noticed that despite the official specs for the case listing a max CPU cooler height of 140mm, the space above the 104mm Wraith Stealth cooler seem to suggest that I could fit in something bigger. Is this a correct assumption, or is there something else I have failed to take into account? Thanks.
If it is a "tower" style cooler with front to back airflow, you might be able to be taller because you don't need airflow clearance. You could remove the stock cooler and lay a straightedge across the case and measure actual clearance from the CPU heatspreader to the straighedge.

kanewolf

Titan
n4RQf9u.jpg

If it is a "tower" style cooler with front to back airflow, you might be able to be taller because you don't need airflow clearance. You could remove the stock cooler and lay a straightedge across the case and measure actual clearance from the CPU heatspreader to the straighedge.

Solution