Question CPU cooler installation issues

pokemonchamp33

Prominent
Feb 2, 2019
Hey Sean it's Jai.
I have a very important question regarding my PC .

I just recently ordered a new CPU and it came with a cooler.

I replaced the CPU just fine.

However when I got to the fan(the cooler) I realized that the 4 slots where the screws should go are empty, and there were no threads/screws there.

This means my last CPU cooler was help up purely by thermal paste last time, which is very alarming to me.

I don't have the mounting bracket anymore. Is there a way I can get screws to connect it properly? I'm lost and very distressed

I have an AM4 socket, a Ryzen 7 2700, and am attempting to install an AMD wrath spire cooler

pokemonchamp33

Prominent
Feb 2, 2019

However when I got to the fan(the cooler) I realized that the 4 slots where the screws should go are empty, and there were no threads/screws there.

This means my last CPU cooler was help up purely by thermal paste last time, which is very alarming to me.

I don't have the mounting bracket anymore. Is there A way I can get screws to connect it properly? I'm lost and very distressed

have a Ryzen 7 2700 and am attempting to attach a AMD wraith spire

AM4 socket

I don't have the mounting bracket anymore. Is there A way I can get screws to connect it properly? I'm lost and very distressed

have a Ryzen 7 2700 and am attempting to attach a AMD wraith spire

AM4 socket
You need to find the backplate for the motherboard.

Reactions: RodroX