[SOLVED] Cpu cooler making loud buzzing sound

Eli_15

Reputable
Jul 15, 2017
Hello, my cpu cooler has suddenly started to make a weird buzzing sound which gets worse when the fan has to spin faster under stress such as gaming and rendering.
I am not entirely sure that this is from the cpu fan, but I know for certain that it is not from the graphics card. It is really loud and irritating so any help would be much appreciated.
Although it may not look it right now, I did thoroughly clean it when the issue started, making sure that all the dust was out and the issue persisted.

Weird buzzing sound

Solution
I feel if it wasn't mounted correctly it would be persistent and not only happen sometimes. Sometimes when I am gaming and under high-stress the fan will just not make the sound
oh i think i know what it is.I think that the fan makes that noise at slow rpm,and as it makes its way to the high rpm the sound just dissapeares.Take out the cooler,rip of the cpu fan logo (dont rip it i meant remove it as much as needed),and lubricate the "motor" with some oil.That should fix it.Its just like the chain on the bikes.Tell me if it worked.
Hello, my cpu cooler has suddenly started to make a weird buzzing sound which gets worse when the fan has to spin faster under stress such as gaming and rendering.
I am not entirely sure that this is from the cpu fan, but I know for certain that it is not from the graphics card. It is really loud and irritating so any help would be much appreciated.
Although it may not look it right now, I did thoroughly clean it when the issue started, making sure that all the dust was out and the issue persisted.

Weird buzzing sound
thats sound like its either not mounted correctly,or the blades have been damaged,or something is in the blades way.Check if it smounted correctly,clean it and see if it happens again

Eli_15

Reputable
Jul 15, 2017
thats sound like its either not mounted correctly,or the blades have been damaged,or something is in the blades way.Check if it smounted correctly,clean it and see if it happens again
I feel if it wasn't mounted correctly it would be persistent and not only happen sometimes. Sometimes when I am gaming and under high-stress the fan will just not make the sound

oh i think i know what it is.I think that the fan makes that noise at slow rpm,and as it makes its way to the high rpm the sound just dissapeares.Take out the cooler,rip of the cpu fan logo (dont rip it i meant remove it as much as needed),and lubricate the "motor" with some oil.That should fix it.Its just like the chain on the bikes.Tell me if it worked.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS