[SOLVED] CPU cooler max height

Nikola_011

Reputable
Jul 31, 2017
hello, my case is corsair carbide 400c which supports cpu cooler max height of 170mm and i was thinking abot msi core frozr XL which has been 169.87 tall (written on its box, 170.0mm written on official websyte)...
will it fit?

Solution
Obviously you have 0.13mm available.
I think it will fit.
It does not hurt to touch a side panel, and there is always some flex available.

Likely, you picked that particular cooler because of the RGB bling.

For half the price, you can buy a noctua NH-D15s which will fit.
Pretty is as pretty does.
I think it will fit.
It does not hurt to touch a side panel, and there is always some flex available.

Reactions: Nikola_011
Solution

Nikola_011

Reputable
Jul 31, 2017
In a perfect world, yes, it'll fit.
Since that's not the case: ¯\(ツ)

Too close for comfort, IMO.

If you have ram taller than 35mm, then definitely not.

yea... imagine how big idiot i need to be lol :D i literally watched that option that is displayed on their websyte and i was like oh soooo coool , like if i get a bigger ram, i can easy lift my cooler and boom, it fits... didnt even thought about having spare .13mm lol :D

I think it will fit.

actually i'm getting it only because my friend will give it for half a price and it's brand new (50 euros) and he got it as a gift from his cousin that is living in other country and he cant fit it inside his case and he is missing more than 10mm :p for couple euros less i thought about buying arctic freezer 34 esport duo which is good cooler, but not even close to this one so i thought like it would be crazy good deal if i could fit it .. and if you ask if it wasnt better if i could just borrow from him to try, the answer is yes, but he is in other city and it is better if i ask some smarter people for advise (like you two who answered) that would figure things better than i did.. btw that would be first rgb item in my build and im not that hyped about it, im more hyped about those 8 heatpypes since i have been using stock coolers for my whole life (and this one started to sound like a jet engine with idle temp of 55 degrees celsius. dont even ask about temps under load) :D

Anyways, thank you both for answers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88