[SOLVED] Cpu Cooler Not Spinning Fast Enough FX-6300

Jul 20, 2018
I have an fx 6300 with the asus m5a99fx pro r2.0 motherboard and recently got a new cooler (cryorig m9a) so I could overclock and not have to upgrade my cpu. The only problem is the cpu overheats because the cooler fan dosnt spin fast enough. Is there any way I can make the fan spin faster? I'm ok with software of there's any. Ive tried speedfan and its absolutely useless and I've tweaked some bio settings but it did nothing.

Solution
That is weird. So you’re sure the bios is up to days and you tired a manual can curve? And speed fan works it’s just tricky to use. You have to figure out which header is the cpu fan and get a little more involved than most programs.
Jul 20, 2018

Yes I have set it to manual and selected turbo but after some time the fan just goes back to normal speeds

huntlong

Respectable
Aug 17, 2017
That is weird. So you’re sure the bios is up to days and you tired a manual can curve? And speed fan works it’s just tricky to use. You have to figure out which header is the cpu fan and get a little more involved than most programs.

Solution