[SOLVED] CPU cooler problem

Feb 27, 2021
jkdizains.lv
Hi everyone!
I have a problem what i cant fint how to fix.
Problem is with CPU cooler, its work fine about 1 hour, than its stops and CPU overheats, if i notice this in time, i can unplug the cooler, than plug it in back and its continue work properly, but after about some time its stops again, what can i do, before i change to this cooler my olds one works fine, but cooling bad, this works better, but after time stops, please help me to fix this, i cant work with this problem, sime times an forget to wach it if its working and i cant hear it, its work realy silent.
My CPU and new cooler:
AMD FX6200 (black edition)
Frio Silent 14
Before i buy this cooler i used stock cooler, problem is in cooler?

Solution
Looks like you have a problem with the Motherboard scheduling problem. It is either Bad Bios or a faulty Fan giving incorrect signaling back to the Motherboard. AMD has a system that detects overheating, and if this is not working, then the Silent fan tech will report that the CPU is cooler than it really is and switch it off (thinking that the cool'n'quiet tech should stop the fan from turning.
If Fan noises don't bother you, I would suggest not using the the CPU power pins and connect them into one of the system fan connectors so that it will always have power and always stay on.
The other alternative is to get a new CPU fan that connects to the USB or other always on connector so that the FAN will always be on and a Faulty...

ginthegit

Distinguished
BANNED
Nov 15, 2012
Looks like you have a problem with the Motherboard scheduling problem. It is either Bad Bios or a faulty Fan giving incorrect signaling back to the Motherboard. AMD has a system that detects overheating, and if this is not working, then the Silent fan tech will report that the CPU is cooler than it really is and switch it off (thinking that the cool'n'quiet tech should stop the fan from turning.
If Fan noises don't bother you, I would suggest not using the the CPU power pins and connect them into one of the system fan connectors so that it will always have power and always stay on.
The other alternative is to get a new CPU fan that connects to the USB or other always on connector so that the FAN will always be on and a Faulty Motherboard Cool'n'Quiet tech doesn't kick in and ruin your experience.
It may not be this that is the problem, but as I had AMD motherboards over the years, and once the COOL'n'Quiet tech came along, I had various issues over the FANs stopping and starting. It was solved by sometimes BIOS updates, sometimes replacing fans that have ended their lifespan or just by passing the problems all together.
One thing I am sure of though is that it is the Quiet tech that is causing the issue.

Reactions: Jazek
Solution
Feb 27, 2021
jkdizains.lv
The other alternative is to get a new CPU fan that connects to the USB or other always on connector so that the FAN will always be on and a Faulty Motherboard Cool'n'Quiet tech doesn't kick in and ruin your experience.
It may not be this that is the problem, but as I had AMD motherboards over the years, and once the COOL'n'Quiet tech came along, I had various issues over the FANs stopping and starting. It was solved by sometimes BIOS updates, sometimes replacing fans that have ended their lifespan or just by passing the problems all together.
One thing I am sure of though is that it is the Quiet tech that is causing the issue.
Yea, i was wondering to do this, to connect cooler connectors to system cooler pins, but i am thinking its will be ok or not, i will try this.
I hav a Gigabyte GA-970-DS3 motherboard, using it more than 10 years and first time problem like that, thanks for replay, i will try to connect to motherboards system cooler pins :) Thanks for realy fast answer

ginthegit

Distinguished
BANNED
Nov 15, 2012
Yea, i was wondering to do this, to connect cooler connectors to system cooler pins, but i am thinking its will be ok or not, i will try this.
I hav a Gigabyte GA-970-DS3 motherboard, using it more than 10 years and first time problem like that, thanks for replay, i will try to connect to motherboards system cooler pins :) Thanks for realy fast answer

I have a motherboard running even older than this running the Phenom 1 . I always make sure I have the Cool and Quiet turned off in the Bios settings. There should be a case fan connector somewhere around the CPU, try using that.