CPU Cooler : Push / Pull ? Push ? Pull ?

Kim Kelvin

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
Recently I've been wondering if I'm doing this right. HAHA
Then I saw this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyC3lZ5WFMk
About the thing that is bothering me. ( I recommend watching the video first before leave a comment but if you already know about this, please do leave a comment )

i want to know if this is right or wrong :)
That is case|fan|rad|fan and I'm setting it to gather fresh air into the rad.
rx0N0wl.png

but if you watch the video you'll know what's bothering me.

direction of fan if push/pull ?
push/pull ?
pull only ?
push only ?
placement of fan if push ?
placement of fan if pull ?

Thanks !

I want to minimize the noise and the space accumulated because i can no longer put 1 top exhaust fan at the top because of my set up
using NZXT LEXA S CASE

Solution
Depending on the radiator I like the push pull. Ideally you would want a high pressure fan pushing through, and a low pressure fan pulling out so that you have positive pressure in the radiator to give the air a chance to take the warmth out of the water. Sorry, didn't watch the video, but that's my two cents.

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
Firstly I've heard alot about push pull and I've also been told that it really doesn't do anything for you actually it was in another video from the same guy. He basically said not to worry about it and just run standard fans so fans that'll push the air through where you want it to go, push pull I believe is best used as an extra side fan to just move static air

Kim Kelvin

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013

so what can you recommend for me sir ?

Depending on the radiator I like the push pull. Ideally you would want a high pressure fan pushing through, and a low pressure fan pulling out so that you have positive pressure in the radiator to give the air a chance to take the warmth out of the water. Sorry, didn't watch the video, but that's my two cents.

Solution

Kim Kelvin

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013

What would be the placement of the fans ?

that ? or this

( < , > is for direction ) ( [] , is for rad )

im using a budget cooler ( cooler master seidon 120m )