Question CPU Cooler/Radiator Stuck on Motherboard

Jan 14, 2020
Hi guys,
I'm new here, so sorry if this question has already been answered, we're kind of in panic mode over here lol

So, my boyfriend has a Thermaltake Water 3.0 heat sink, which is connected to a radiator at the top of the case. he was talking about how he wanted to get a new one, because he was afraid the screws would strip, and lo and behold, that's exactly what they did when we tried to get it today.
We tried pretty much everything, even tried to screw it out with the plastic casings around each screw, which only seemed to work for one of them. We ended up simply trying to damage the casings enough to pry it off, but it's tough.
He just went out to go get some chisels so we can shape the divets in the screws, but I wanted to make sure we've really tried everything.

I've seen other questions on forums where the answer is to get at the screws from the back, but the backplate on his motherboard is fixed on and can't be removed without damaging it.

So sorry for the long question guys, but any ideas would be appreciated if there is even anything we can do lol, I'm a bit worried he might try drilling it! D:

Thanks xxoo
Edit: Dont worry, we are being careful not to stress the motherboard, which is why it's been so difficult.