Question Cpu cooler recomendations

Nov 15, 2019
Hi,

So here's the question,

I am currently building a new spect up new PC.

This is what i have came up with

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) ATX LGA1151

Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB STRIX GAMING OC

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 678C ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W Modular ATX.

If you didint notice i dont have any CPU coolers.So this is why i need to ask you.

Witch one is gonna fit in the case and with the LGA1151 socket (CPU gonna be overclocked),and performs best,and features of them.So let me put the list that i was thinking of.

1:NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2

2:be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4

3:Corsair H100i PRO

So im up to you to have your Pros and cons and for your recomandations.

Note:Im using Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 1g 1 g Thermal Paste on the cooler that i will be using.
Thanks for the help

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2

-Do a chimney style(bottom to top) airflow setup in that case - do not bother with any fans in the front panel, as they are going to be choked off to the point of making more noise while drawing in little air... plus, they'd disrupt the vertical airflow setup.

I would go AIO and both the Corsair and the NZXT are more than good enough. For me it is just ease of use and space with a minimum of maintenance in keeping the radiator clear of dust every once in a while but most importantly the temps are just great. On your case you have no issues on the size of radiator all the way up to 420mm.

If cost comes into it the new Arctic Freezer II 280mm is well worth a look and it is at a cracking price though no RGB or the like. There is also a 240mm version and a 360mm and I have just got the 360mm version on my overclocked 8700K at 4.9GHz and the temps are just brilliant. It has a thicker radiator than normal AIO's so be aware of that especially if placing in the top as with fans it will take a bit more space so clearence between the top of the motherboard heat sincs may be an issue. 38mm radiator thickness as opposed to pretty much all others at 28mm to 30mm.

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-280-all-in-one-cpu-cooler,6376.html

https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Liqui...words=arctic+Freezer+II&qid=1574001777&sr=8-4

Last edited: