[SOLVED] CPU cooler recommendations ?

Solution
Where are you located? If you're not in the US, a budget of $100 is irrelevant - what is your budget in local currency?

Do you have any local websites we could reference?

Something like a Noctua NH-D15S, D15 or be Quiet Dark Rock Pro4 should handle a ~5GHz OC without much issue - but they are quite tall & bulky, and may not be available (or within budget) in all regions.

A decent 240-280mm AIO would be another route to consider, but budget might be a little tight for anything reputable. EVGA CLC 240 and the Cryorig A40 might be available for ~$100 or local equivalent.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Where are you located? If you're not in the US, a budget of $100 is irrelevant - what is your budget in local currency?

Something like a Noctua NH-D15S, D15 or be Quiet Dark Rock Pro4 should handle a ~5GHz OC without much issue - but they are quite tall & bulky, and may not be available (or within budget) in all regions.

A decent 240-280mm AIO would be another route to consider, but budget might be a little tight for anything reputable. EVGA CLC 240 and the Cryorig A40 might be available for ~$100 or local equivalent.

Solution

kuba2002.11

Reputable
Apr 3, 2018

Quiet dark rock pro4 and the Noctua are ~100$ and the rest are 140-150$
Which should I choose, the rock pro or Noctua ?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Quiet dark rock pro4 and the Noctua are ~100$ and the rest are 140-150$
Which should I choose, the rock pro or Noctua ?

So, assuming you're not in the US based on those prices... are they're quite high.

Personal preference between the Pro4 and either Noctua really. They'll perform very similarly.
Just make sure they're physically compatible inside your case. They'll all need ~165mm cooler height clearance

kuba2002.11

Reputable
Apr 3, 2018
So, assuming you're not in the US based on those prices... are they're quite high.

Personal preference between the Pro4 and either Noctua really. They'll perform very similarly.
Just make sure they're physically compatible inside your case. They'll all need ~165mm cooler height clearance
I'm from Poland, and yes, the prices here are crazy.
I7 8700k and i9 9900k cost the same
The RTX 3070 will cost around 750-800$ (Reference cards) ):