[SOLVED] CPU Cooler suddenly making a weird noise

Jul 28, 2019
Hello people,
I was playing a game on my machine a couple of days ago and noticed that the fan of my cooler started to rattle after some time. I've recorded a video of the aforementioned noise:

https://streamable.com/230hx

My cooler is the Cooler Master 120mm lite. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: What I've also noticed is that the noise stops when I hold the fan horizontally or even slightly diagonally. I've checked multiple times and I'm pretty sure that the fan isn't stuck to anything. If I hold it vertically (anywhere basically) it starts making the noise again.

Solution
I think that the bearing is probably at fault which is causing the problem so I’d say just to buy a new fan and that should fix it. You could also check the fan by holding it horizontal and physically spin it and do they same for when it’s vertical and see if it may be hitting it’s frame where the motor sits when it’s vertical.

OwenTheGamer

Honorable
Aug 13, 2016
I think that the bearing is probably at fault which is causing the problem so I’d say just to buy a new fan and that should fix it. You could also check the fan by holding it horizontal and physically spin it and do they same for when it’s vertical and see if it may be hitting it’s frame where the motor sits when it’s vertical.

Solution