Processor: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Asus B550M-A Prime
Ram: 2 x G-Skill 8GB 3200 MHz
Graphics Card: MSI GTX 1660 Ti
700W Power Supply
SSD and HDD
CASE: Redragon SIDESWIPE GC-601

Note: I am not doing any overclocking.
Currently I am using Stock Cooler that comes with Processor which is (AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler).
My Idle CPU Temps are around 42 C to 44 C
And when I play games it gets hotter to 72 C - 76 C and sometimes it fluctuates to 80 C - 85 C and then get back to average of 72 C to 76 C
Currently it is winter and ambient temp is about 20 C - 24 C

And In summer our temp get raised to 40 C to 45 C

I am thinking for replacing it to CM Hyper 212 Black Edition will it make any difference now and when the summer will came will it be able to keep it cool in the summer so That I can play games?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Aftermarket coolers do make a difference but they don't help with anything if they're not fed with cooler ambient air. I'd be more concerned about the chassis you're working with since it looks like the intake of the case is choked due to that front TG panel. If anything, I'm sure your temps will be much different with a case with better airflow(or an intake).

Here's what you can do, take the front panel off(with the fans intact) and see what your temps are like. If you see temps drop, you've got your answer and you don't need an aftermarket cooler.

Make and model of that 700W PSU?

Nov 6, 2020
Aftermarket coolers do make a difference but they don't help with anything if they're not fed with cooler ambient air. I'd be more concerned about the chassis you're working with since it looks like the intake of the case is choked due to that front TG panel. If anything, I'm sure your temps will be much different with a case with better airflow(or an intake).

Here's what you can do, take the front panel off(with the fans intact) and see what your temps are like. If you see temps drop, you've got your answer and you don't need an aftermarket cooler.

Make and model of that 700W PSU?
Hi
Thanks for your advice after removing the front panel there is a good drop in temperature now it is averaging to 58C - 64C while playing game an Idle at 32C to 35C. Are these temps are safe? Also what should I do my casing? should I change it or is there a way to fix this casing?

PSU: Red dragon 700 Watts Fully Modular 80 Plus Bronze