CPU cooler touching the PSU

Jul 18, 2018
Hello,

i have Zalman Optima mounted on Q9550. Everything runs fine but the sides of the cooler are touching my PSU. The radiator is mounted right and all not causing any problems but im just worried if there are voltages running on the PSU's sides might cause big problems for the cpu. Should i consider other options or its safe for the cooler to touch the psu sides?

Thanks.

Solution
First of all, psu in general has a layer of paint (which is an insualtor), second the thermal paste is an insualtor so no current to the cpu will get,, third the walls of the psu has no current in it, only the cables and the PCB, if the wall of the psu had current then the psu is conected to the case by the screws and all the case should be electrified (which is an insane afirmation). Dont worry, if the cooler makes good contact on the cpu and it is not pushed sideways by the psu then you got nothing to worry about.
First of all, psu in general has a layer of paint (which is an insualtor), second the thermal paste is an insualtor so no current to the cpu will get,, third the walls of the psu has no current in it, only the cables and the PCB, if the wall of the psu had current then the psu is conected to the case by the screws and all the case should be electrified (which is an insane afirmation). Dont worry, if the cooler makes good contact on the cpu and it is not pushed sideways by the psu then you got nothing to worry about.

Solution
Jul 18, 2018

Thanks, just needed to be sure that im not murdering alredy dead hardware. About the cooler, everything is mounted and running fine.