Reputable
Feb 4, 2020
This is my current PC specs:

Asus Prime H610M-E D4-CSM
Intel i3-12100F
Kingston 2x16GB 3200 MHZ RAM
Sapphire RX 6600 XT 8GB
Chieftec GPS600A

I know i know, budget pc :) but for me it's enough, i just play in 1080p. Anyway, the CPU cooler is the OEM one, and its really struggling in gaming and makes really irritating sound so I want to replace it, and that why i'm here.

How about the Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim 2 ?
Is it enough for the i3-12100F, has good cooling and not noisy ?

The BeQuiet!Pure Rock Slim 2 should provide better cooling performance at a lower noise level than the stock Intel cooler.

If you're looking for performance on a budget, I'd consider Thermalright. They offer an affordable 120mm tower cooler with 4 heat-pipes and should provide better cooling than the BeQuiet! Pure Rock Slim 2 at similar noise levels and a lower cost.

On the other hand, BeQuiet! is a brand that you may simply enjoy more.

CPU Cooler: Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.89 @ Amazon)

Reactions: Zerk2012
First of all, can you verify that the sound you hear is coming from the cpu cooler fan and not from the psu or graphics card?
Is the cooler mounted correctly with all 4 push pins through the motherboard and sticking out the back?
If your cooler is not mounted well, it will not cool properly and the fan will spin up.
Under load, the cooler fan should not be particularly noisy.
The key to mounting a pushpin cooler is to press down on DIAGONAL airs of pins at the same time.
The 12100 is a low power(58w) cpu that should not need any more than the stock cooler.
I recently made a mistake and connected the stock cooler from a 13100 to the pump header, making it spin up to the max. It made virtually no noise and I only detected the error by seeing how fast the fan was spinning.

I would think the pure rock 2 would cool equally well.
But, it uses push pins and if you had a problem with mounting the stock cooler, the P2 will have the same issue.
If your case can handle a 160mm cooler, a cooler using a 120mm fan like the noctua NH-U12 redux will have the simplest mounting sustem ever.
Or, the thermalright peerless asassin is an even stronger cooler.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
This is my current PC specs:

Asus Prime H610M-E D4-CSM
Intel i3-12100F
Kingston 2x16GB 3200 MHZ RAM
Sapphire RX 6600 XT 8GB
Chieftec GPS600A

I know i know, budget pc :) but for me it's enough, i just play in 1080p. Anyway, the CPU cooler is the OEM one, and its really struggling in gaming and makes really irritating sound so I want to replace it, and that why i'm here.

How about the Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim 2 ?
Is it enough for the i3-12100F, has good cooling and not noisy ?
That would work or thr Thermalright listed above if it will fit in your case.