Question Cpu cooler won’t come off

Sep 4, 2019
My cpu cooler a little 92mm noctua fan nf and i unscrewed the fan and now there’s only the metal thing with the pipes in it on there. i can’t get this thing off and the bracket is behind it so i can’t get to it and i’m getting frustrated. please help me

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If it's an actual Noctua heatsink it should have 6 screws, 4 that go into opposite corners and the other 2 are on a bar that goes between the 2 brackets.

If it's just a Intel heatsink with a Noctua fan on top, that's different, it uses pushpins that you'll need to turn a ¼ turn and they'll pop out.

If it's another brand heatsink with a Noctua fan added, gonna need a picture. Use imgur, tinypic or postimg to host.

Sep 4, 2019
If it's an actual Noctua heatsink it should have 6 screws, 4 that go into opposite corners and the other 2 are on a bar that goes between the 2 brackets.

If it's just a Intel heatsink with a Noctua fan on top, that's different, it uses pushpins that you'll need to turn a ¼ turn and they'll pop out.

If it's another brand heatsink with a Noctua fan added, gonna need a picture. Use imgur, tinypic or postimg to host.
i’ll post one tomorrow around 3, thanks for the help!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I prefer postimages.org especially on a mobile. It's very simple just hit the button to go find the picture and it uploads it. Then scroll down to where it says hotlink for forums, click that and it saves the link to your clipboard. Then paste the link in here and it'll show the picture as is without external linking.

This is what it'll look like