[SOLVED] CPU Cooler won't heat up after reinstallation

Jun 1, 2020
I was cleaning the computer fully so I dismantled every part of the PC and reinstalled everything back to how it was. Everything seems fine but the CPU Cooler and motherboard metals are not heating up. Huge performance drop I'm encountering. I'm assuming it has something to do when I reinstalled the power connectors of the power supply to the motherboard where now, the motherboard and CPU cooler are not heating up as I feel the ribs of it. How can I fix this?

Solution
ATV paste is applied, its abit of heavy paste used for heating motors for generators and such but it works for the CPU I guess. Besides the Motherboard metals which previously used to heat up are no longer heating up. Heat sink plus metals are so cold I can literally touch them for hours as I play games.

Nope...wrong paste. Use proper cpu thermal paste like Arctic Silver.

The motherboards not heating up because the cpu is throttling to the point of not pulling any current through the VRMs.
Huge performance drop I'm encountering.
https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/screenshot.3-1.png
install hw monitor OR go to bios, and check temps.
I expect you forgot about thermal paste and or did not apply new one.
its meant to take HEAT away from the components to heatsink.

OR the mount pressure is way off/uneven.

try and see if paste is there, I would expect its either to low or completely dried and crumbly

If you want new paste:
https://www.overclock.net/photopost/data/1173006/a/ae/aea8abfc_02-Air-Cooling-High-Pressure.png
a nice list with performance. You want anything better than denture from the list that you can find cheaply.

usually heat is unwanted byproduct, so if it does not appear, its fine. (mostly)
also dont touch by hand the coolers they can be ~100'C

Jun 1, 2020
ATV paste is applied, its abit of heavy paste used for heating motors for generators and such but it works for the CPU I guess. Besides the Motherboard metals which previously used to heat up are no longer heating up. Heat sink plus metals are so cold I can literally touch them for hours as I play games.

Nope...wrong paste. Use proper cpu thermal paste like Arctic Silver.

The motherboards not heating up because the cpu is throttling to the point of not pulling any current through the VRMs.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS