[SOLVED] CPU Cooler

Solution
@nestlee65 Big no. 11400, sure.

Power efficiency goes out the window if you tinker around with overclocking those 2 chips - you have to go liquid if going that route; 280mm AIO at the minimum, or custom liquid.
Take away the overclocking objective, and then you're looking at:
A)Large single tower. Ex: Thermalright's Le Grand Macho RT.
B)Dual tower. Ex: Noctua NH-D15.
C)280mm AIO.
D)240mm AIO. I would suggest skipping this class. Doesn't have enough going for it compared to the other 3.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

Power efficiency goes out the window if you tinker around with overclocking those 2 chips - you have to go liquid if going that route; 280mm AIO at the minimum, or custom liquid.
C)280mm AIO.
D)240mm AIO. I would suggest skipping this class. Doesn't have enough going for it compared to the other 3.

Last edited:
Solution

nestlee65

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2016

C)280mm AIO.

C)280mm AIO.

Would you say that this is efficient enough:
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360P Silver Edition CPU Cooler - Newegg.com
Will this cool the Intel core i7-11700k or i9-11900k?

Pierre

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

nestlee65

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2016
It is sufficient. Be aware, at that size, you are more or less stuck with mounting its radiator at the top.
Not necessarily a bad thing, but it would affect your chassis choices later on when you feel like changing things up.

Sorry I'm not a professional like you, but what did you mean "...mounting its radiator at the top"? I don't understand.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I meant this:
iu
Here, you can see the AIO's radiator mounted at the front of the chassis.

And in the following one:
iu
The radiator is mounted at the top/roof.