CPU cooling issue in Coolermaster Elite 130

Mar 5, 2018
I've just built my first ever PC on the following setup:
i5 8400
Asrock Z370 itx motherboard
Gigabyte GTX 1080
Corsair 8gbx2 RAM
EVGA 600W PSU
Coolermaster Elite 130 ITX (allows 65mm CPU cooler and 120mm radiator; unsure about push-pull configuration fans)

The CPU sit comfortably at 30~40C under normal use but peaks at 88C when gaming. Knowing this case isn't the best for airflow, I've done a fair bit of cable management but it only brings the figure to 75~85.

I have couple options in mind.

1. The NH-L9x65 is certainly the best affordable option, but since my PSU sits above the CPU and the case only allows maximum 65mm tall coolers (L9x65 is exactly 65mm), I'm worried that it'll be too cramped up, that there won't be enough room for airflow and the PSU would contribute to the heat as well.

So I'm considering using liquid cooling the bring the heat up to the front of the case.

2. I've done some research on the Gamerstorm Captain 120EX and comments varied a lot. Some says it performs well though a bit pricy and some says it doesn't perform well at all. And the main issue is, the main system dimensions (height 85mm) could possibly mean it won't fit in my case.

3. Coolermaster ML120L. Again, reviews have been criticizing the performance of this cooler. Though this is the most affordable and compatible liquid cooler on my list.

4. Corsair H80i V2. It's the most expensive option and while it comes with push-pull double fans, I'm not sure whether it fits in my case.

5. NZXT X31. I don't know much about it but I've seen people recommending it. Again it's a bit pricey.

Performance comes first (and compatibility obviously) because I'm slightly worried about the temperature, price will come second. I don't really care about noise and appearance.

Thanks for your time!

Solution
Any of the 120mm water coolers should work the H80 is fairly thick.
.https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wHxG3C
For that processor a h60 should work fine also.