[SOLVED] cpu cooling problem

galshaked1610

Commendable
Jul 21, 2018
hello i have an i7 8700 non k and i had bad cooler and my temps was 70-75 mid game
week ago i bought hyper 212 turbo and my temps are stil 70 - 75 why?
what did i do wrong? (not the first time setting up a cooler)

Solution
Remember your ambient temperatures are incredibly important here. Processors are tested in controlled environments, for every degree your ambient temperature is above this, you'll be a degree hotter.

It could well be how the cooler is being secured or potentially the thermal paste application. How is air flow through the rest of your case?

But as Iso has already mentioned, 75 is perfectly safe. As long as you keep it below 85 degrees, you're fine (80 ideally).

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Remember your ambient temperatures are incredibly important here. Processors are tested in controlled environments, for every degree your ambient temperature is above this, you'll be a degree hotter.

It could well be how the cooler is being secured or potentially the thermal paste application. How is air flow through the rest of your case?

But as Iso has already mentioned, 75 is perfectly safe. As long as you keep it below 85 degrees, you're fine (80 ideally).

Solution