CPU Cooling Recommendation

Jul 1, 2018
I just need to know a good liquid cooler for a i7-6700k and the size needs to be between the 240mm / 280mm radiator.

My Budget is 120$ and im not planning to buy the cooler just for like the rgb kind of stuff because i want my cpu to run on low temps and the fan cooler are quiet.

I already have some ideas to buy either the Corsair H100i v2 or the Deepcool Captain 240ex White.
But i heard both of them are not too nice because the Corsair H100i v2 is pretty loud and the Deepcool Captain 240ex is easy to leak. So if you know more about these cooler or maybe other cooler please give me some suggestion thanks :)

Solution
I suggest raising your budget to get the Kraken X62. I have the X62 Rev. 2.0 in top of my 6700k overclocked to 4.6Ghz at about 1.3v and tge temps under gaming load are in tge 50s-60s and stress is 70s-82 max. You need to of course balance your fan speed profile based on acoustics and temps. Mine stays at 25% until it reaches 60c then I have it go straight to 60% then at 70c it goes to 80% and even at 80% it's not loud enough to be a bother but then again my case hides the noise fairly well and I also wear a Razer Man O' War headset when gaming so....
Personally, if you're not doing heavy OC'ing, I'd stay away from liquid cooling entirely. You'd have to shell out a decent amount of money to get a quality, silent loop. Going with an air would not only cut the cost, but also get rid of a lot of noise in the system. For example, the Dark Rock 4 from Be Quiet! is a great unit which can still definitely handle your 6700k at a decent overclock.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I suggest raising your budget to get the Kraken X62. I have the X62 Rev. 2.0 in top of my 6700k overclocked to 4.6Ghz at about 1.3v and tge temps under gaming load are in tge 50s-60s and stress is 70s-82 max. You need to of course balance your fan speed profile based on acoustics and temps. Mine stays at 25% until it reaches 60c then I have it go straight to 60% then at 70c it goes to 80% and even at 80% it's not loud enough to be a bother but then again my case hides the noise fairly well and I also wear a Razer Man O' War headset when gaming so....

Solution