Question CPU Cooling Solution - Ryzen 7 5800 X3D

See current build in sig.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS ROG X470 Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi | 2x16GB DDR4 4000 C18 1.35V Mushkin Redline Lumina | ASRock OC Formula RX 6950 XT | Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7,200RPM (x2) | Corsair HX1200i Platinum | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG | Acer Predator 27" QHD XB271HU 1440P 165Hz IPS

My Kraken X62 was purchased in October 2018. It has a 6 year warranty. I have to move my PC to clean it at least every couple of months or so. This is my first liquid cooler. I get worried about it leaking and ruining my GPU or other components. I'm even pondering switching back to a double tower air cooler.

Any thoughts or recommendations on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Sig space specs can and will change over time, when that happens this thread and it's subsequent suggestions/advise can end up being moot to the person in the same boat as you're ion now. It's why we ask users to include their specs in the body of the thread.

So long as you don't see any leaks spring forth from the tubes or you're not seeing horrible temps while the AIO is in operation(and you've dusted out the radiator off of any dust/debris clogging the fins) then you're fine. Yes the issue does arise whereby an AIO's failure point isn't just the pump, but the tubes giving way to leaks(which isn't common), cavitation in the loop(due to evaporation), apart from the fans giving up as can be the case with the pump module dying out...

Lutfij

Titan
Sig space specs can and will change over time, when that happens this thread and it's subsequent suggestions/advise can end up being moot to the person in the same boat as you're ion now. It's why we ask users to include their specs in the body of the thread.

So long as you don't see any leaks spring forth from the tubes or you're not seeing horrible temps while the AIO is in operation(and you've dusted out the radiator off of any dust/debris clogging the fins) then you're fine. Yes the issue does arise whereby an AIO's failure point isn't just the pump, but the tubes giving way to leaks(which isn't common), cavitation in the loop(due to evaporation), apart from the fans giving up as can be the case with the pump module dying out entirely over time.

Air cooling only needs you to worry about the fans and if they're moving as they should.

IMHO, it's never a bad idea to have an air cooler as a backup option for your build.

Reactions: MrN1ce9uy
Solution