[SOLVED] CPU Core Clock not saving in BIOS (ASUS)

Feb 3, 2019
Hello Internet,
I've recently encountered an issue with my BIOS. Ever since a Windows 10 Update in late 2018 I have not been able to set my CPU Core Clock speed in my BIOS. The update had reset my BIOS settings and when I tried to go back to setting my old settings, the only thing that would not save was my CPU core clock speed. - asking why I'm only now looking into it? I've been on holiday until now. Anyway...
I've done pretty much everything from CMOS resets, to changing motherboard, updating/reinstalling drivers and doing a full windows clean install.
Nothing seems to fix it - and feel like it may be something in the BIOS that's stopping the cpu core clock fro saving?

Currently running a i7 6800K, ASUS X99-A II with the latest 1902 Asus BIOS update.
I should mention, I have always used ASUS AI Suite 3, from which I CAN save CPU Core Speed, but this is not ideal as I have to reload settings each time the PC restarts. I have tried uninstalling the software and seeing if the settings would then save in the BIOS, but again, no luck...

Any help would be really appreciated. It's been driving me mad...

Thanks!

Solution
I can distinctly remember a setting where I specified 5000 as a maximum clock rate, but I can not seem to find it.
It is not in windows power management.
Possibly it existed in a previous maintenance level or version of windows.

Do not update the bios just on speculation.
You should do so only when the update has a fix for a problem that is impacting you.

If you update the bios, yes, definitely do it through the bios.
Download the bios to a fat32 USB stick.
A failed bios update can be nasty to recover from.
Not being in windows removes one of the things that can go wrong.

DO NOT interrupt the process.
It might look like nothing is going on.
Feb 3, 2019

Maximum processor state you mean? Already on 100%.

Someone suggested I should update the BIOS through the BIOS itself and not when in Windows. Will give that a go later today.

I can distinctly remember a setting where I specified 5000 as a maximum clock rate, but I can not seem to find it.
It is not in windows power management.
Possibly it existed in a previous maintenance level or version of windows.

Do not update the bios just on speculation.
You should do so only when the update has a fix for a problem that is impacting you.

If you update the bios, yes, definitely do it through the bios.
Download the bios to a fat32 USB stick.
A failed bios update can be nasty to recover from.
Not being in windows removes one of the things that can go wrong.

DO NOT interrupt the process.
It might look like nothing is going on.

Solution