Question Cpu core clock speed throttling

Stacey s

Honorable
Apr 14, 2017
Hi, recently I've been playing halo infinite and noticed that my cpu clock speeds are all over the place, I'm getting a 75-79 Celsius temperature, with a slight undervolt. When I run unigine heaven 4.0 my clocks are stable at around 2.5 to 3 but In halo infinite I'm getting anywhere from 1500 to low 2000.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi, recently I've been playing halo infinite and noticed that my cpu clock speeds are all over the place, I'm getting a 75-79 Celsius temperature, with a slight undervolt. When I run unigine heaven 4.0 my clocks are stable at around 2.5 to 3 but In halo infinite I'm getting anywhere from 1500 to low 2000.
Run this and post a link to the results.

Reactions: Stacey s

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
You only have the built in graphics?

From that the built in graphics are what's being used and is well below the min specks for the game.

If it's only using the 630 graphics then the CPU has nothing to do most of the time so no reason to turbo up.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Faq/How-to-force-Optimus-or-Switchable-discrete-GPUs/97

EDIT also the charger should be plugged in for gaming, power plan set to performance.

Last edited:

Stacey s

Honorable
Apr 14, 2017
You only have the built in graphics?

From that the built in graphics are what's being used and is well below the min specks for the game.

If it's only using the 630 graphics then the CPU has nothing to do most of the time so no reason to turbo up.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Faq/How-to-force-Optimus-or-Switchable-discrete-GPUs/97

EDIT also the charger should be plugged in for gaming, power plan set to performance.
in halo my nvidia gtx 1060 max q was in fact being used, just in nvidia control panel i hadnt set that setting so it wasnt using it for benchmark this is the benchmark with it: Dell G7 7588 Performance Results - UserBenchmark , the charger is plugged in while gaming and the gpu clock speeds arent going under base, im getting 50-60 fps in halo infinite with all low settings, hd texture packs disabled. i just dont know why with riva tuner and msi afterburner open for some reasons the cpu clock speed are all over the place going under the base of 2.2 and never staying at above 3ghz steady. do you know anything about throttle stop and anything i can do to fix this other than setting a undervolt on the cpu core and cpu cache? thanks for your time and any help is appreciated.

Stacey s

Honorable
Apr 14, 2017
im also thinking of buying a cooling pad because besides my gpu and cpu temps being stable now at 77 degrees for my gpu and about 75-80 for cpu, my laptop near the bottom of display is pretty hot and im wondering if its the vrm's? that are causing it to throttle.

Reactions: Flakon2022