Question CPU core control

Jun 8, 2022
Hello,

I want to change/set supply voltage or frequency of each cores freely in the CPU. Is there anyway that's possible?
I can't find any papers on how i can set the voltage of each cores separately, or if it is possible, entirely.

In older CPUs per-core adjustments weren't typically implemented because the going design was to treat every core equal. It made things less complicated.

Today, there may be ways to influence per-core adjustments (such as AMD's PBO Curve Optimizer being able to adjust voltage offsets per core), but as far as I know you can't do something like directly set frequencies and voltages for each individual core.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I guess the cpu and motherboard play a part?
My 7820X has the option for per core turbo clock and Vcore adjustments, but beyond the 2 best cores which are marked, I don't know the quality of the other 6; makes tuning + stability testing very tedious.

Looking at a few motherboard manuals for AM4, LGA1700, and TRX4, the most I could find is you can set the frequency and voltage for a group of cores. In AM4's case, you could do this per CCX. In LGA1700's case, you could do this per "cluster." There wasn't an option as far as I could tell for TRX4.

But this was a small sample size. I'm not going to scour the internet for manuals.

I want to change/set supply voltage or frequency of each cores freely in the CPU. Is there anyway that's possible?
This is a bad idea because, for newer CPUs, the CPU has a list of which cores are the best and applies the appropriate amount of Vcore to it to reach the target clocks, it also prefers the best cores for tasks that need the highest clocks.

Use throttlestop and just tell it the multipliers you want for 1 core running, 2 cores, and so on.
Playing with the Vcore will require a lot of testing to get it to be stable in everything.
fivr.jpg