[SOLVED] Cpu core voltage SVI2 TFN sensor reached threshold?.

Solution
Most PSUs with APFC are fine with approximation sine wave UPSes, the APFC chip simply switches from PFC to constant voltage when it detects non-sinusoidal input. In problematic PSUs, the APFC chip shuts down instead, which lets the main converter's input voltage drop below its minimum threshold and shut down. Shouldn't cause any damage.

If this was a one-time thing, I'd shrug it off as HWInfo attempting to pull data while GFE's setup was changing system parameters and that caused HWInfo to get bogus values.

InvalidError

Titan
If your GPU got 3V for real, you would more likely be asking about a dead GPU instead of weird error message. You were installing GPU drivers with HWinfo running, it probably got confused when the driver version switched on it. Restart HWinfo to make it re-enumerate sensors, its table probably got screwed up.

UncleFelow

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
If your GPU got 3V for real, you would more likely be asking about a dead GPU instead of weird error message. You were installing GPU drivers with HWinfo running, it probably got confused when the driver version switched on it. Restart HWinfo to make it re-enumerate sensors, its table probably got screwed up.

Hello, that's just a geforce experience update and I'm talking about the my CPU and GPU.

Last edited:

InvalidError

Titan
Ah, misread the tiny screencap as GPU. Well, at 3V you'd have a dead CPU, so HWInfo most likely isn't reading that correctly for some reason or voltage monitoring is glitching. I doubt the motherboard VRM allows going anywhere near 2V.

Try monitoring voltage with Ryzen Master, see if you get glitches there too.

UncleFelow

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
Ah, misread the tiny screencap as GPU. Well, at 3V you'd have a dead CPU, so HWInfo most likely isn't reading that correctly for some reason or voltage monitoring is glitching. I doubt the motherboard VRM allows going anywhere near 2V.

Try monitoring voltage with Ryzen Master, see if you get glitches there too.
Ryzen Master seems like it only shows current voltages unlike hwinfo where you can see maximum voltages. Could this problem be caused by a bad PSU? because it only happened today and today happens to be day where my house had 3 power outages and my UPS didn't prevent my PC from shutting down 3 times.. I thought that the UPS was dead but after some research it turns out that my RM750x have active PFC and my UPS doesn't work with that so it was useless for months and maybe it even damaged the PSU..

InvalidError

Titan
Most PSUs with APFC are fine with approximation sine wave UPSes, the APFC chip simply switches from PFC to constant voltage when it detects non-sinusoidal input. In problematic PSUs, the APFC chip shuts down instead, which lets the main converter's input voltage drop below its minimum threshold and shut down. Shouldn't cause any damage.

If this was a one-time thing, I'd shrug it off as HWInfo attempting to pull data while GFE's setup was changing system parameters and that caused HWInfo to get bogus values.

Reactions: UncleFelow
Solution