[SOLVED] CPU CORES issue

Dec 27, 2020
Hi, i am having an issue where my games are having bad fps drops, and this is due too my cpu only using 6 instead 8 cores.

The only way i can fix this is manually going into task manager and setting the affinity to use all of them, and obviously that isn't permanent and it's annoying to keep doing that. Therefore i have come here to try and get help, because playing some games is just not fun with these unstable frames.

My CPU : i7 9700k

Side note: i've been every where trying to find something useful, but can't really get anything. Plus the only main thing to fix it could be going into the config settings and setting my cpu to use all 8. But i've heard bad things with that.

Last edited:
Solution
Was this an upgrade of a CPU (or CPU and mianboard) from an earlier config, but, using the same OS installation? (Or, was someone perhaps tinkering with cores /core parking/affinity earlier? Nothing to be gained there for an 8c/8t CPU...)

You can try going to device manager, and deleting whatever CPU cores are shown, and, allowing them to be redetected/reinstalled at next power on, but, many advise simply doing a fresh/full install for CPU and/or CPU and mainboard swaps..
Was this an upgrade of a CPU (or CPU and mianboard) from an earlier config, but, using the same OS installation? (Or, was someone perhaps tinkering with cores /core parking/affinity earlier? Nothing to be gained there for an 8c/8t CPU...)

You can try going to device manager, and deleting whatever CPU cores are shown, and, allowing them to be redetected/reinstalled at next power on, but, many advise simply doing a fresh/full install for CPU and/or CPU and mainboard swaps..

Solution
Dec 27, 2020

Okay, Thanks for the feedback.

it looks like i must have had this issue for months and just noticed properly until now with the new call of duty as i was getting fps drops.

The reason why i mean i've had this issue for a while is because with call of duty warzone, it worked smoothly when i got my pc earlier this year, and then it started to run poorly randomely. So therefore it must have been going on for a while as i haven't been playing the most demanding games up until this time.