[SOLVED] CPU Cores temperature difference by up to ~20C ?

Devyme

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
I have an i5-10600 with NZXT Kraken Liquid Cooler. Recently I've changed the thermal paste and it was my first time applying it. Then I monitored the temperatures and I noticed on average the TMPIN4 runs at ~20C hotter than the other cores. Should I re-paste because I might've spread the paste unevenly or is this temp normal and should be leave as it is? I've provided a screenshot.
SCREENSHOT

Solution
If temps are underload then you have no issues. depending on the temp measuring app they do list differing sensors and some make no sense. Bets is to have a couple of apps to compare however do not user two together to prevent erroneous readings.
I like HWinfo64 and keep an eye on the Tdie reading for accurate core temp.

Devyme

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
No need for concern Devyme Your temps are are a little high if taken at idle. You should check your temps under load by stress testing.

Ideal temps are 10-15C above ambient room temp and 60-75C under load.
Thank you for your reply. Since I'm living in the Pacific where the room temp were 27-30C I would assume it's normal. The max temp shown in the screenshot is the temp on a stress test.
So I would take that there's nothing to concern, thank you for your help!

A bit of question regarding the TMPIN I think I made mistake thinking that 1-4 are the CPU cores because I've done a bit of research and those TMPINs represent different parts of the computer (CPU, Motherboard, etc) and not the cpu cores correct?

If temps are underload then you have no issues. depending on the temp measuring app they do list differing sensors and some make no sense. Bets is to have a couple of apps to compare however do not user two together to prevent erroneous readings.
I like HWinfo64 and keep an eye on the Tdie reading for accurate core temp.

Solution