[SOLVED] CPU Current Capability 140% (WAS 170%) Asus TUF Z390 Gaming Plus WiFI

gogisurmanidze

Commendable
Jan 6, 2019
www.youtube.com
Hello guys.

I have Asus TUF Z390 Gaming Plus WiFi. The issue is that cpu current capability is 140% instead of 170% in the bios settings. It reduces the potential of overclocking.

The bios is updated to the latest version

Also I have one more question: Mine 9600K can not overclocking above 4.7GHz all core speed. Everything above 4.7 GHz crushes the pc and I think because of 140% cpu current capability. What do you think about it? How to resolve this issue?

Solution
At your current 78C, it is not being thermal throttled. Swapping in a liquid cooler might result in lower temps, but the temp is not the current issue.
Hello guys.

I have Asus TUF Z390 Gaming Plus WiFi. The issue is that cpu current capability is 140% instead of 170% in the bios settings. It reduces the potential of overclocking.

The bios is updated to the latest version

Also I have one more question: Mine 9600K can not overclocking above 4.7GHz all core speed. Everything above 4.7 GHz crushes the pc and I think because of 140% cpu current capability. What do you think about it? How to resolve this issue?
Were you ever able to go above 4.7GHz in the past?

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
I didn't test it. I build this pc and first I updated bios before overclocking. So I don't know. I have searched on websites and forums, they say this motherboard can overclock a cpu 5.0 GHz
The ultimate level of an OC is NOT a specific number - 5.0.
It depends on the particular CPU capabilities, aalong with the motherboard, power, and cooling.

Reactions: PrinceTexasLoaf

gogisurmanidze

Commendable
Jan 6, 2019
www.youtube.com
The reason I posted on this forum is that I am going to buy a liquid cooler. Now I have Thermaltake Contact 21 which is not a bad cooler if you are not overclocking some crazy speeds. So I wanted to know if my CPU can achieve 5 GHz or more on this motherboard with a proper cooling.

At 4.7 GHz while stress test CPU reaches maximum 75-78C and I think cooling is not very bad to not boot a pc in 4.8GHz or higher clocks

Here is my PC specs
Intel Core i5-9600K
Thermaltake Contact 21 Cooler
Asus TUF Z390 Gaming Plus WiFi
Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC PRO 6G
Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 2x8GB CL 16 3200MHz
Deepcool 700W PSU (650W Real)

So what should I do