[SOLVED] Cpu debug code light

T0r1nn

Prominent
Aug 18, 2019
Hey guys!, so I had an issue where my brother got on my pc and downloaded something that ended up giving me a virus, so I tried formatting my drives but in the end just replaced them, now when I tried to reinstall windows onto the new drive, I got the screen that said press any button to boot from cd or dvd, I pressed keys and nothing, then it went to the screen that said press del for BIOS setup, or press f11 to go to boot options, and nothing worked, finally opened my bios and changed my boot sequence to auto boot from the cd drive first, then I changed the mghz of my cpu at this screen as well and now when I restarted to boot again the pc turns on for about 10 seconds with a 00 error code and it says the cpu is not detected or fail. I reseated everything and to no avail I am now stuck, specs are as follows
I7-6700k
1050ti msi gpu
2x8gb ddr4 aegis RAM
Msi z170A gaming MB
2 tb seagate hard drive
EVGA 650 watt psu

Solution
Why you change cpu mhz? Silly duffer ;P What else did you change? Hope you didn't add a heap of voltage or something.

With PC off, locate the cell battery on the motherboard and remove it for 5mins or so. Hopefully no damage was done to the cpu and removing cmos battery will reset the bios settings.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Why you change cpu mhz? Silly duffer ;P What else did you change? Hope you didn't add a heap of voltage or something.

With PC off, locate the cell battery on the motherboard and remove it for 5mins or so. Hopefully no damage was done to the cpu and removing cmos battery will reset the bios settings.

Solution