Question Cpu debug led, power cycling, no display, done most troubleshooting

Jun 22, 2020
Specs:msi b450m mobo, ryzen 5 3600 cpu, rtx 2060 gpu, 16gb force delta 3000 speed ram, corsair cx650m psu.

Problem: pc boots, fans spin. No post, no display. Psu occasionally shuts off and then reboots. Red cpu debug led. had the build a year with some previous issues that resolved themselves by just reseating stuff.

Everything in the system was working yesterday and has been for months.

I've reseated the cpu (no bent pins) I've reseated all the mobo connectors, I've booted with both ram sticks 1 by 1. I've cleared cmos by taking out the battery, I've taken out and reseated the gpu. I tried flashing the bios, but it ended up flashing for hours, and then I booted up the system and I couldn't force shutdown so I had to unplug then clear cmos then bios flash again, but this time it only flashed the light like 8 times and then booted up the system and wouldn't let me flash. Now the psu is power cycling randomly, making the noise like it would for a force shutdown but then immediately turning back on (before the fan can even stop) I reseated all the psu cables too but no dice. What happened? I was pulling an all nighter to reset my sleep schedule and it just shut off, I turned it back on and it worked fine for like a minute then froze and I had to force shutdown. Now its pulling this. Do I just say **** it and sell it for parts? This is like the third issue I've had and it looks like this one isnt going away randomly

Specs:msi b450m mobo, ryzen 5 3600 cpu, rtx 2060 gpu, 16gb force delta 3000 speed ram, corsair cx650m psu.

Problem: pc boots, fans spin. No post, no display. Psu occasionally shuts off and then reboots. Red cpu debug led. had the build a year with some previous issues that resolved themselves by just reseating stuff.

Everything in the system was working yesterday and has been for months.

I've reseated the cpu (no bent pins) I've reseated all the mobo connectors, I've booted with both ram sticks 1 by 1. I've cleared cmos by taking out the battery, I've taken out and reseated the gpu. I tried flashing the bios, but it ended up flashing for hours, and then I booted up the system and I couldn't force shutdown so I had to unplug then clear cmos then bios flash again, but this time it only flashed the light like 8 times and then booted up the system and wouldn't let me flash. Now the psu is power cycling randomly, making the noise like it would for a force shutdown but then immediately turning back on (before the fan can even stop) I reseated all the psu cables too but no dice. What happened? I was pulling an all nighter to reset my sleep schedule and it just shut off, I turned it back on and it worked fine for like a minute then froze and I had to force shutdown. Now its pulling this. Do I just say **** it and sell it for parts? This is like the third issue I've had and it looks like this one isnt going away randomly
is there already "AMD Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready" sticker on the mobo box ? and what version of your b450M (gaming plus /mortar/bazooka) ?

Jun 22, 2020
It's a b450m gaming plus. It was NOT ready for 3rd gen ryzen out of the box, but it has the bios flashback feature so I updated it to a build that supported them before I installed the cpu.

Jun 22, 2020
I cant right now, but I assure you the cpu was compatible and working just 3 days prior, unless the bios was factory reset (if you can do that?) It should still be compatible. I also thought it might be a compatibility issue, so I updated it again to the latest bios, which didn't solve the issue

I cant right now, but I assure you the cpu was compatible and working just 3 days prior,
Oh sorry I didn't notice it was work before. My bad.

unless the bios was factory reset (if you can do that?
No, seems quite impossible.

I assume there is another issue, but still not understand why the CPU debug LED is on.
What is on my mind right now is the issue in your mobo / psu, since they have direct effect on CPU.

Jun 22, 2020
Yea I'm bringing it in to get repaired tomorrow, I've done everything I can, I just dont wanna drop 100 for a mobo when it could be a psu issue or vice versa, thanks for trying to help though, I appreciate it!