Question CPU dipping to 800 - 1ghz every few seconds (intel core i5 8600k)

Jun 21, 2019
I have an intel core i5 8600k and the base clock speed is 3.60 GHz and it'll usually run at that speed but it'll frequently dip into 800MHz - 1GHz. I don't know what could be causing the problem. The temperature stays around 30 - 40 degrees Celsius. It's had no prior use so it couldn't have gotten fried... I'm at a loss for what I can do. Thanks for helping and if you have ANY questions about my setup or PC specs I'm open to questions!

I have an intel core i5 8600k and the base clock speed is 3.60 GHz and it'll usually run at that speed but it'll frequently dip into 800MHz - 1GHz. I don't know what could be causing the problem. The temperature stays around 30 - 40 degrees Celsius. It's had no prior use so it couldn't have gotten fried... I'm at a loss for what I can do. Thanks for helping and if you have ANY questions about my setup or PC specs I'm open to questions!

In Balanced Power power plan, idling down to 800-1000 MHz during low load conditions, then ramping to max for 1/4 second to open/close an app, and watching Youtube at 1.300-1900 MHz is perfectly normal behavior, and has been so for several years...

It will adjust clock speed several times per second on assorted cores according to load....

Run CPU-Z/bench cpu, and you'll see all cores ramp to max on HWMonitor...; when stopping the program, it will idle back down to conserve power...

My 7700K jumps from 800-1000 Mhz browsing forums, then ramps as high as 4700 MHz on as many cores as necessary for the load imposed. (MCE enabled for all core max turbo, and max turbo raised from 4500 to 4700 MHz with Intel XTU)