Question CPU Does Not Recognize My RAM

Nov 15, 2021
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B450 M

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4

I am currently having trouble with my Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and with my RAM. I know both are working parts. I used a Athlon 200GE to boot up my PC and my ram is working fine. However, with my Ryzen 5 3600, my PC does not POST and I get the DRAM light where there is an error of connectivity with my RAM.

Here's the thing though, my current bios with my B450 is supposedly up to date for my Ryzen 3000 series CPU, but it is still not working.

Do I simply just update my BIOS to the latest version?

Which BIOS version is your motherboard currently on? The motherboards support page says you need at least to be on F40 to run the 3600. When you updated the BIOS, did you follow the step where it says, ''Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU?''

Nov 15, 2021
Which BIOS version is your motherboard currently on? The motherboards support page says you need at least to be on F40 to run the 3600. When you updated the BIOS, did you follow the step where it says, ''Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU?''

Hello.

My motherboard came Ryzen 3000 ready as said on the box. Although I couldn't drop it immediately unfortunately. However, my Athlon 200GE works perfectly fine with my RAM and I inspected my BIOS version and it was factory updated to F51.

I recently updated it to F62d without any problems and I didn't need to follow the procedure with the the F40 download because my bio was already above 32.

I still can't seem to get any connectivity with my DDR4 ram with my CPU. I did get an RMA approval for my CPU. I think that my CPU might be the problem.

Reactions: kurdtnz