Question Cpu doesn’t post (Ryzen 9 5900x)

May 16, 2023
I currently own a b450 tomahawk max, and got gifted a Ryzen 9 5600x, I’ve updated the bios and it was working smoothly, my pc randomly crashed and now won’t post, on the motherboard it states that the cpu light is red, so I’ve tested a new psu, still doesn’t work, then I entered my old cpu Ryzen 3 (or 5) 2600x and it does. I’ve checked the bios it’s completely up to date however, I can’t use my new cpu? I’ve flashed the bios multiple times, I’ve checked for any bent pins I genuinely have no idea why my new cpu just randomly stopped working (or the mobo can’t communicate with it) and won’t post. I’ve even moved around the ram sticks, tried older bios, different USB just doesn’t work

May 16, 2023
Sounds like the CPU may be bad. It would be doubtful that it is still under warranty, assuming the previous owner has receipts and would be willing to go through the process. If it was ever OC or such it would be voided anyway.
It was gifted in a sense that it was just paid for by a friend and delivered via amazon I can luckily get a replacement, so I’m thinking of just doing that but why would it break in the first place, it had around 2 weeks of performing completely fine (temps were always normal) and then randomly breaks, why? The mobo is compatible so I really just don’t want to make the same mistake and break my cpu again

Reactions: Avro Arrow