Question CPU doesn't fully shutdown and randomly starts accumulating over 200 000+ handles

Rokas2260

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2014
Alright, so I've been randomly getting handles on CPU that reach up to 300 000+ (70 000 - 90 000 being the average) without a specific reason that is fully obvious. However I have noticed that the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation on task manager is related with whatever is causing this. Whenever I force shut it down, the handles come back down to average in an instant. While at the same time shutting off obviously my whole sound system.

As far as I know, the WADGI is suppose to enhance sound from various sound enhancer software, in my situation that would be Razer Synapse 3.0 . I've posted there too but according to support, they never had any bug related to this. So I don't wanna entirely go on Razer support and try to figure out something that may not be entirely their software's problem because of another strange incident. But if I do found some clues that it is on their side then I will be sure to continue with them.

The CPU shutdown: This is something I can't yet explain but it seems, that whenever I want to shutdown my computer normally, it doesn't do it fully even tho it acts like it does. But once I turn it back on, it continues to run for hours and days if I don't restart it, because somehow that seems to be the only way that it resets back the timer.

So far I've tried reinstalling my computer for these two things as the main problem and some other small problems like lagging out for a few seconds when trying to create a folder. The problem still persists and I got no other leads that I could go on with.

If this isn't the right place for my post, then please go ahead and move it, but deciding from CPU, software or Windows 10 category is hard since all of them are involved.

Here are some pictures of what I'm talking about in the case of trying to game. (it occurs randomly most of the time, but I managed to take some screenshots with how it affects my game from having a stable 60 fps and just how quickly it's going up in matter of minutes.

1# View: https://imgur.com/kl4snvq

2# View: https://imgur.com/XqbDarX

3# View: https://imgur.com/olpf25R

these are a bit dated but, it's the first few times when the problem occured. 3# one is when I closed the game actually.

So please, if anyone knows anything regarding this, it would be real helpful to know more about this and solve this.

Rokas2260

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2014
Update: So far I can rule out that Razer software might not be at fault here..

I tried out to uninstall the software to try out and see if the timer resets after shutting down the computer fully. But even without the software, it still is corrupted.

Possibly a hardware issue...?

Rokas2260

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2014
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Are you on the latest BIOS for your motherboard? Might want to share your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (build 17763) on latest updates
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. F2, 7/24/2015

I'm using:
CPU: i7-6700K
Motherboard: Z170X-Gaming 3
RAM: HyperX DDR4 16GB 2133MHz (I think)
SSD: Kingston SUV400S37480G (system disk) 480GB
HDD: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB
GPU: GTX GeForce 1070 Aoro 8gb Windforce x3
PSU: Seasonic SS-620GB
Chassis: Thermaltake Suppressor F51

Rokas2260

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2014
Well seems as my question has long died, but I did solve half of the problem.. Regarding PC shutdown..

Apparently, in the new updates they changed in power settings that every time you shutdown your PC it would go to sleep, even tho I don't see why is that even a thing auto enabled or even a thing, I disabled it and now my computer shuts down like always..

However CPU handles problem still occurs from time to time and I do have to randomly crash my sound system to fix it temporarely but even then I have to restart the computer because the sound doesn't get properly detected by my headset and therefor starts sounding bad/out of quality