[SOLVED] CPU doesn't turn on

Ronin625

Honorable
Mar 14, 2017
www.flickr.com
I just build a new PC, it seems to be totally fine, however, whenever I turn it off for a mid-long period of time and turn it back on, everything powers on, all the RGB on RAM, MOBO, the GPU and case fans spin, but the CPU fan doesn't, it starts up for a second and then just does not spin, I get no signal through my monitor. I have to turn it off and on via the power supply, then turn on the PC with the front panel on/off button and it works. I do not understand.

Asus B450-I
Ryzen 7 3700X with Wraith Prism
EVGA GTX 960
Corsair RM750
G SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600mhz

Thank you for any help.

Last edited:
Solution
Is your BIOS updated to support the Ryzen 3000-series, if not then thats the first step i'd make before attempting the troubleshooting tips im listing below

Try to remove your second stick of ram and see if it boots that way (Assuming you have an 2 stick kit)

Check if your cpu fan cable is loose and if it isnt then reseat your cpu cooler and apply new thermalpaste when doing it.
When tightening the cooler back in place make sure to make it tight and remember to use the X pattern when screwing it in.
Is your BIOS updated to support the Ryzen 3000-series, if not then thats the first step i'd make before attempting the troubleshooting tips im listing below

Try to remove your second stick of ram and see if it boots that way (Assuming you have an 2 stick kit)

Check if your cpu fan cable is loose and if it isnt then reseat your cpu cooler and apply new thermalpaste when doing it.
When tightening the cooler back in place make sure to make it tight and remember to use the X pattern when screwing it in.

Solution