Question cpu dose not boost

M2019

Reputable
Nov 14, 2019
when im using my laptop for browsing or any programs my cpu speed is about 2.6ghz but when i open any game cpu speed still as 2.6ghz for one or two minutes but then it goes down to 1.79 and stuck at it is there any fix for this / my bios options dose not have intel turbo speed or intel adaptive thermal monitor my cpu is i7-4500u

It's max boost speed is rated to be 3.0GHz, so you've been essentially boosting all that time. When you game it probably drops to its base core clock of 1.8GHz because either the power supply is not plugged in or the temps are getting way too hot.

Also you're CPU is a U variant, meaning ultra-low power. So in order to provide enough power to your CPU and everything else, power to the CPU will most likely drop causing that drop in clock speeds.

M2019

Reputable
Nov 14, 2019
It's max boost speed is rated to be 3.0GHz, so you've been essentially boosting all that time. When you game it probably drops to its base core clock of 1.8GHz because either the power supply is not plugged in or the temps are getting way too hot.

Also you're CPU is a U variant, meaning ultra-low power. So in order to provide enough power to your CPU and everything else, power to the CPU will most likely drop causing that drop in clock speeds.
my temp is about 71 and power supply is plugged in