[SOLVED] CPU Downclocking to 400mhz

WehHan

Reputable
Dec 28, 2019
I was palying Tekken 7 and then fps dropped to 1-7fps for like 5-10sec while on the middle fight, so I use MSI afterburner to monitor my CPU, GPU, ram but when the lag drop it was the CPU
unfortunately i dont took the screenshot or record the benchmark..
the cpu usage goes from 40% to 100% and the cpu clock goes from 3600mhz to 400mhz instantly, it happen to all the CPU1-8
my laptop specs:
Asus tuf gaming fx505dv
Ryzen 7 3750H
RTX 2060
8GB ram

I will get the screenshot and the benchmark log if anyone asked for it

Solution
Perhaps you can sacrifice 100-200 MHz across all cores with one of the software tuning tools to just avoid hitting the thermal throttling point...

WehHan

Reputable
Dec 28, 2019
You can track cpu temperature in the graphs, switch it on in monitoring. This sounds very much like cpu thermal throttling so I want to be absolutely sure on cpu temp while gaming before ruling it out.
yeah its 100°C while gaming or maybe more than that, im using speccy to monitor my cpu temperature, sorry i dont take the screenshot

yeah its 100°C while gaming or maybe more than that, im using speccy to monitor my cpu temperature, sorry i dont take the screenshot
That’s the problem, it’s causing the cpu to throttle. First thing to try is blowing all the dust out with a can of compressed air. You may need to remove the back of the laptop to do this properly. If that doesn’t work then it may need the thermal paste replacing. This is more involved, it’s not difficult if you are confident with taking things apart.

WehHan

Reputable
Dec 28, 2019
That’s the problem, it’s causing the cpu to throttle. First thing to try is blowing all the dust out with a can of compressed air. You may need to remove the back of the laptop to do this properly. If that doesn’t work then it may need the thermal paste replacing. This is more involved, it’s not difficult if you are confident with taking things apart.
Actually its already happen for a long time, and i do tried replacing the thermal paste and cleaning the dust inside my laptop but still having the same issues.
ive never check my cpu temperature until now, replacing my thermal paste was my firend's idea, ididnt know if it was my temperature all along.
and yeah replacing thermal paste and cleaning my laptop doesnt work for me.

i want to know if someone with ryzen 7 3750h have the same issues with me