[SOLVED] CPU/DRAM Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr.turtle120701

Prominent
Sep 14, 2018
I’m building my new pc, which specs I’ll list below. It won’t boot, and I did all the basic trouble shooting, and I’m completely lost at this point. No one on reddit or the LTT forum could help me. At first the motherboard gave a dram error. So I switched the sticks. Now it very briefly gives a dram error before switching to a cpu error code. I know my gpu, ssd, and power supply work. (Tested one other systems). Unfortunately I don’t have another am4/DDR4 system to test cpu and ram in, however the cpu should work, because I got amazon to replace it. I think the motherboard is the problem, but I’m not sure because it still powers all my components, and the rgb on the board and all the other components still lights up.

componets:
Ryzen 5 2600
Asus b450 I mini itx motherboard
G skill trident z rgb (2x8 gb)
ASUS Rog strix rx 570 4gb
corsair cx450m psu
adata 480gb ssd

Solution
Ok. You said you "switched" RAM sticks. Does that mean you swapped them with two other RAM modules or you just changed the slots?

Have you tried each RAM module, singly in each RAM slot

Module 1 / Slot 1 - Boot Result: ?
Module 1 / Slot 2 - Boot Result: ?
Module 2 / Slot 1 - Boot Result: ?
Module 2 / Slot 2 - Boot Result: ?

If none of the above configurations work and the system doesn't boot with a lesser graphics card (RX550, probably rules out the power supply), then I would suspect it is, indeed, the motherboard causing the issue.

You did line up the triangles and mount the CPU correctly, yes?

-Wolf sends

jr.turtle120701

Prominent
Sep 14, 2018
Ive noticed something strange. So usually when I power it on, the GPUs Rog logo turns red and breathes. Obviously not doing all the rgb effects because the pc won’t post and isn’t aura synced or whatever. I unplugged the atx power cable and turned it on. Everything turned on still, except that the gpu is now glowing static white, not breathing, and the motherboards debug lights weren’t turning on. Would this indicate that the cpu is actually working, and that another component is the culprit?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Recheck your power connections. These things are generally pretty fool-proof, but just make sure you have the one 6+2 PCIe power connector connected to the power supply's PCIE power port. Also make sure you're using all 8 pins of the 6+2pin power connector.

You shouldn't be having any issues with the RAM (ROG STRIX B450-I Gaming - Raven Ridge Memory QVL)

Are you able to get into BIOS at all? If so, make sure XMP is enabled.

Do you have a lower-end graphics card that you could use for a temporary test?

-Wolf sends

jr.turtle120701

Prominent
Sep 14, 2018
Recheck your power connections. These things are generally pretty fool-proof, but just make sure you have the one 6+2 PCIe power connector connected to the power supply's PCIE power port. Also make sure you're using all 8 pins of the 6+2pin power connector.

You shouldn't be having any issues with the RAM (ROG STRIX B450-I Gaming - Raven Ridge Memory QVL)

Are you able to get into BIOS at all? If so, make sure XMP is enabled.

Do you have a lower-end graphics card that you could use for a temporary test?

-Wolf sends

Nope. No bios at all. And I tried it with an RX 550. As I said, the gpu does work. Since the motherboard seems to still work with other componets, I think the cpu slot on the motherboard might be messed up.[/QUOTE]

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ok. You said you "switched" RAM sticks. Does that mean you swapped them with two other RAM modules or you just changed the slots?

Have you tried each RAM module, singly in each RAM slot

Module 1 / Slot 1 - Boot Result: ?
Module 1 / Slot 2 - Boot Result: ?
Module 2 / Slot 1 - Boot Result: ?
Module 2 / Slot 2 - Boot Result: ?

If none of the above configurations work and the system doesn't boot with a lesser graphics card (RX550, probably rules out the power supply), then I would suspect it is, indeed, the motherboard causing the issue.

You did line up the triangles and mount the CPU correctly, yes?

-Wolf sends

Solution

jr.turtle120701

Prominent
Sep 14, 2018
I switched the order of the sticks in all the slots. So I guess I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and buy another motherboard huh? I guess that’s what I get for buying a off an eBay auction.

Jan 24, 2021
I built new system
Specifications:-
R5 5600x
B550m pro dash
DDR 4 3600 MHz 8x2
1660super
My problem is I updated bios but some time error led shows dram error but system boots up n windows run properly until I launched game
N it's reboot
And after restart continue
What should I do

Status
Not open for further replies.