CPU Driver Help

ttom25rocks

Reputable
May 12, 2015
I would like to ask about the possibility of my i5 6600k processor being outdated. Here is a screenshot showing that the driver's date is in 2009...I think that's a problem, surely there has been a driver update since then?

https://gyazo.com/62dee9b179f2ecf8f30b8d6cb18f44e7

Any help would greatly be appreciated, I have a windows 10 64 bit OS and would like to know if I need to update my drivers and how.

Side note: In the task manager, I notice that under the "Disk" portion tab it often shows 100% usage, I am not sure why and have tried multiple fixes such as disabling superfetch, and some other settings. I am not sure what to do about that, or if it's damaging my computer in some way.

Solution
I'm using a AMD Athlon and it shows the same date though the driver is version 10.0.10586.0 but that only shows the same generic driver is being used on CPUs probably since Windows 7.

I can't find a CPU driver update for your i5 6600k so I don't think there is one. Try for yourself and if nothing comes up, just forget about it. Nothing will happen for sure. I've seem on Windows 7 device manager where the CPU driver had a yellow exclamation icon meaning there was a driver issue but there wasn't a problem with it... and updating the driver manually of using software didn't make a difference. The logic is that if your a computer can post and display video, then the driver is doing it's job...
I'm using a AMD Athlon and it shows the same date though the driver is version 10.0.10586.0 but that only shows the same generic driver is being used on CPUs probably since Windows 7.

I can't find a CPU driver update for your i5 6600k so I don't think there is one. Try for yourself and if nothing comes up, just forget about it. Nothing will happen for sure. I've seem on Windows 7 device manager where the CPU driver had a yellow exclamation icon meaning there was a driver issue but there wasn't a problem with it... and updating the driver manually of using software didn't make a difference. The logic is that if your a computer can post and display video, then the driver is doing it's job.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88191/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3-90-GHz-

For the 100% CPU usage; you can see in the Taskmanager CPU column which process is using the CPU the most, and if it's a non system process, select it with a right click and cllick End Task. And if the usage has been constant and stays up there, do malware/virus scans

Solution

armaos.dk

Proper
Aug 19, 2018
Hey dude @Chicano im reaching you regarding for my cpu, I just finished building my pc and all is fine til i change the color of my trident z rgb or I play games (after 5 min or so) a sound comes like when you plug a usb in, and then signal gets lost and monitor goes black, might it be my cpu?

The CPU is unlikely to cause issues so soon after building a PC.

When you change RAM modules make sure they seat fully on the sockets... any RAM looseness on the socket can cause issues... RAM issues can manifest themselves as monitor issues because the video signal is one of the processes that can fail due to memory issues. Something else I noticed is that Trident Z RGB RAM is available in different voltages (I see from 1.2v to 1.5v) so make sure the one you are using is compatible with your motherboard checking the motherboard model QVL RAM list
https://www.gskill.com/en/finder?cat=31&series=2860&p=1

Something else you should check is the GPU driver.. reinstall it, update it or whatever it takes for it to work stable.

One-third suggestion is resetting the BIOS as its settings can get corrupted when components are moved around or replaced.

Also double-check the PSU connections as power issues are another cause for blank display.

If nothing helps, you may have to search in the motherboard PDF user manual for sounds the motherboard can make and their causes.

armaos.dk

Proper
Aug 19, 2018
Hey, no its not a motherboard sound its a sound that comes from the speakers, like when you plug a new usb in or a new driver is installed you know.. also it's a complete new build and from what I know so far it works perfectly, its been 4 months without the graphics card and it works fine, ram cpu psu everything.. tho one of my friend suggested it might be the motherboard?? the motherboard is new and my gpu was working perfectly before, as soon as I plugged it in this build it started shutting down after 5 min of gameplay or when ever it wanted. My friend suggested me updating my bios to the latest bios but when I googled about updating your bios, another thread said that its not necessery to update your bios if it is a new motherboard.. I have the asus z170 deluxe, what do I do? (so far I chose to test it on another pc before I do some stupid stuff with my bios because sometimes it can go terribly wrong and un-recoverable.)