[SOLVED] CPU dying?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 18, 2020
Hello, my problem is that my pc doesnt want to turn on. And when its turns on, its freezing. I mean, I play some games or smthing, keybord led doesnt glow. Pc freezes, and when it happens while im away (eating) it starts to beep like its overheated.
When its not starting, I usually check under the cpus. When I get the heatsink off, there was some water ontop of the cpu. And when I check under the cpu, theres a little bit of water on the edges of the cpu. Sometimes on the connectors too. I clean it off, I put the heatsink back. And I try to start it, sometimes MOBO LED isnt glowing. Im just trying restarting it, it glows up sometimes and pc start running. But sometimes I have to restart it for hours to get it work.
Whats the problem?

Motherboard: Supermicro x7dbe
CPU: 2x Intel Xeon 5450
RAM: 32GB DDR2

Note: Yesterday(Monday) im posting this on tuesday. Yesterday it was working fine. I was playing on it!

Solution
So taking out of the equation that there is a leak from your non existent watercooling system - just kidding. Sorry that's a crazy-a@@ problem.

Is there any possibility to blame the physics for this? Condensation?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condensation

99.9% it isn't possible to happen, assuming your PC is not placed outside in the backyard or balcony exposed to the elements, and it is not chilled to below room temperature, there is no way for condensation to form.

There is the small possibility of the CPU fan leaking oil like @Mr.Spock wrote, but the droplets would had dark yellow color.

I don't know Dude, place your PC in a different room, change CPU's cooling system and try not to operate your PC at...
Jan 18, 2020
I think my cpu is dead. Thats why its getting water vapor. The CPU that is the most hot got a little black glue or something like that on the cpu. I think it got fried and something came out of it

jodo_kast2

Prominent
Mar 5, 2018
Not sure if its anything to to case but honestly how about renovating altogether? 711 is over 13 years old. just make sure your place is ventilated after you turn off the computer and air humidity is within acceptable levels.

Jan 18, 2020
Okay, I will try that. But if its keeps freezing. I will replace the processors. I have 4x Intel Xeons at home. 2x2pair. I will wait to my thermal paste to arrive. Or maybe I even buy a heatsink if Paypal lets me lol. And if its still freezing? I have no idea why is it freezing.. No water droplets in the CPU. If there was a hella little bit 0.00001mm water droplet it has been evaporated. My CPU is at like 60°. Im on it right now, Its kinda working. I think I fried my CPU tho. Thats why its doing thing like this..

Saurabh251

Honorable
BANNED
Jun 2, 2017
Okay, I will try that. But if its keeps freezing. I will replace the processors. I have 4x Intel Xeons at home. 2x2pair. I will wait to my thermal paste to arrive. Or maybe I even buy a heatsink if Paypal lets me lol. And if its still freezing? I have no idea why is it freezing.. No water droplets in the CPU. If there was a hella little bit 0.00001mm water droplet it has been evaporated. My CPU is at like 60°. Im on it right now, Its kinda working. I think I fried my CPU tho. Thats why its doing thing like this..
Bro I'm having same issue
My pc starts fine for some times but after some time it completely freeze need to restart to start working properly but it's happens again n again...
Even I changed ram, Psu, gpu with new one but still has problems so Last remaining Processor and motherboard..
Does ur fixed by changing processor?
I need help 😞

Jan 18, 2020
Bro I'm having same issue
My pc starts fine for some times but after some time it completely freeze need to restart to start working properly but it's happens again n again...
Even I changed ram, Psu, gpu with new one but still has problems so Last remaining Processor and motherboard..
Does ur fixed by changing processor?
I need help 😞
Was it overheating?? Im ordering new cpu +heatsink to mine. Hopefully that fixes the issue